You are multidimensional.
The eight wellness dimensions are different aspects of our overall well-being that contribute to a balanced and healthy life. They work together to create a complete picture of our health and happiness.
- Mental Wellness: Engaging in continuous learning, critical thinking, and creative activities to keep your mind active and curious.
- Emotional Wellness: Understanding and managing your feelings, developing resilience, and maintaining positive relationships.
- Physical Wellness: Taking care of your body through exercise, nutrition, and proper sleep to stay strong and energetic.
- Spiritual Wellness: Exploring your values, beliefs, and purpose and seeking inner peace and a sense of meaning in life.
- Social Wellness: Building and nurturing meaningful connections with others, fostering a sense of belonging and support.
- Occupational Wellness: Finding satisfaction and purpose in your work or daily activities while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Environmental Wellness: Creating a harmonious relationship with your surroundings, promoting sustainability, and ensuring a safe and clean environment.
- Financial Wellness: Managing your finances wisely, planning for the future, and reducing financial stress for overall stability.
These dimensions interact and influence each other, contributing to your overall well-being.
Understanding these dimensions is essential to living your happiest life. These dimensions are interconnected and overlapping and affect one another. When one suffers it has a ripple effect on other dimensions. But you can also use stronger dimensions to counterbalance a dimension that needs support.
I refer to them as the happy dimensions in my book, Happy Money Happy Life.
The table below summarizes the principle messages for each dimension.